1. Snow removal operations can occur 24 hours/day.
2. The contractor hereby undertakes to hold all the necessary permits to offer snow removal services.
3. The contractor hereby undertakes to maintain liability insurance coverage for an amount not lower than $5 million.
4. The client undertakes to notify the contractor of any damage caused to the client’s property. Notification must be provided in writing within 24 hours of the knowledge of the aforementioned damage and before May 15th of the contract year.
5. The client hereby agrees not to make any repairs and not to take steps to seek indemnification before the contractor has had the opportunity to see said damages before it is able to estimate the damages and before the parties meet to discuss the subsequent repairs.
6. The contractor is not responsible for damage caused to landscaping (e.g., walls, borders, flower beds, water valves, electric wires, etc.). Clients may install stakes/protection to avoid damage.
7. The contractor is not responsible for damages to lampposts along driveways or incorporated into a client’s landscaping.
8. If the client has not paid one of the installments provided in the contract by the date stipulated therein, the contractor may suspend snow removal service or cancel the contract without giving prior notice.
9. An amount of $25 will be payable for Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) check or checks returned by the bank.
10. If the client cancels the contract, the contractor reserves the right to withhold the first installment or to prorate the fees and to charge an administrative fee of $50.
11. The contractor reserves the right to cancel the contract at any time with prior written notice of calendar 10 days. In such cases, the contract will be pro-rated until termination date and administration fee of 50$ will apply.
12. The client is responsible for clearing the driveway to allow the contractor to remove snow properly. The driver will not remove any objects (e.g., garbage cans, recycling bins, etc.). The contractor is not responsible for damage caused to objects obstructing the driveway (e.g., extension cords, logs, shovels, garbage cans, recycling bins, etc.) and denies any responsibility for losses or damages to or caused by these objects. If necessary, clients should contact the city to lower the water valve or place it outside the parking area.
13. The contractor is not responsible for gravel blown onto the lawn (for gravel driveways).
14. The client must always remove ice from the driveway to avoid an accident. The contractor reserves the right to temporarily suspend the snow removal service if the driveway is icy and/or if certain obstacles make this service unsafe to provide.
15. The contractor is not responsible for snow accumulation on lawns, steps, window sills, etc. resulting from the snow removal service.
16. The route to be followed by drivers has been established in advance to ensure efficient service. Drivers will not, under any circumstance, deviate from this route.
17. We are not responsible for snow and/or ice accumulation left by the city snow/ice clearing operations 16 hours after the snowfall has ended.
25. After 16 hours, we suggest that you contact the city at the 311 number to remove snow banks higher than 18’’.
18. There will be an additional charge of $50.00 for each service requested 16 hours after a snow fall, e.g., widening driveways, removing a vehicle, returning from vacation, etc.
19. Beyond 300 cm of snow, a fee of $50 will be charged to the customer to finish the season.
20. The stakes/posts placed on each side of the driveway remain the property of Techni-Snow and will be collected at the end of the season.
21. For tax reasons, this contract is processed on an annual basis.
22. The client is responsible for any tickets issued if their car is parked illegally during the snow clearing operations, even if this is a result of moving the car to allow Techni-Snow to clean the driveway.
23. No verbal abuse will be tolerated towards employees and the company reserves the right to cancel the snow removal service of those customers not respecting this.
24. An administrative fee of $ 25 will be charged for a contract being transferred following a move for the same product and service. The cost of the product will be re-evaluated per the parking size.