1. Snow is removed 24 hours a day
2. The contractor hereby undertakes to hold all the required permits to offer snow removal service.
3. The contractor hereby undertakes to maintain liability insurance coverage for $5 million.
4. The client undertakes to notify the contractor of any damage caused to the client’s property. Notification must be provided within 24 hours of the knowledge of the aforementioned damage
and before May 15th of the current year.
5. The client hereby undertakes not to make any repairs and not to take steps to seek indemnification before the contractor has the opportunity to see the said damage itself, before it is able to
estimate the damages and before the parties meet to discuss the most advantageous bid to retain in order to repair the said damage.
6. The contractor is not responsible for damage caused to landscaping (e.g., walls, borders, flower beds, water valves, electric wires, etc.). Clients may install stakes/protection to avoid damage.
7. The contractor is not responsible for any damage caused to lamp posts located along the driveway or in landscaping. The client must notify the contractor and provide a written discharge.
8. If the client has not paid one of the instalments provided in the contract by the date stipulated therein, the contractor may suspend snow removal service or cancel the contract without giving
9. An amount of $25 will be payable for nsf cheques or cheques returned by the bank.
10. If the client cancels the contract, the contractor reserves the right to withhold the first installment or to prorate the fees and to charge an administrative fee of $50.
11. The contractor reserves the right to cancel the contract at any time, on prior written notice of 10 days sent to the client. In such a case, the contractor is entitled to receive payment of the price
of any services provided to the client until date of such cancellation.
12. The client is responsible for clearing the driveway to allow the contractor to remove snow properly. The driver will not remove any objects (e.g., garbage cans, recycling bins, etc.). The
contractor is not responsible for damage caused to objects obstructing the driveway (e.g., extension cords, logs, shovels, garbage cans, recycling bins, etc.) and denies any responsibility for losses
or damages to or caused by these objects. If necessary, clients should contact the city to lower the water valve or place it outside the parking area.
13. The contractor is not responsible for gravel blown onto the lawn (gravel driveways).
14. The client must always remove ice from the driveway to avoid an accident. The contractor reserves the right to temporarily suspend the snow removal service if the driveway is icy and/or if
certain obstacles make this service unsafe to provide.
15. The contractor is not responsible for snow accumulation on lawns, steps, window sills, etc. resulting from the snow removal service.
16. The route to be followed by drivers has been established in advance to ensure efficient service. Drivers may not, in any circumstances, deviate from this route.
17. We are not responsible for snow and/or ice accumulations left by city workers when removing ice and snow from streets and sidewalks 16 hours after the snow fall has ended. In such cases,
we suggest that you contact the city at the 311 number to remove snow banks higher than 18’’.
18. There will be an additional charge of $50.00 for each service requested 16 hours after a snow fall, e.g., widening driveways, removing a vehicle, returning from vacation, etc.
19. Beyond 300 cm of snow, a fee of $50 will be charged to the customer to finish the season.
20. The stakes placed on each side of the driveway remain the property of Techni-Snow Removal and will be collected at the end of the season.
21. For tax reasons, this contract is processed on an annual basis.
22. Please note that the company won’t pay any parking tickets on the street; the client is responsible to respect the parking hours of the city
23. No verbal abuse will be tolerated towards employees and the company reserves the right to cancel the snow removal service of those customers not respecting this clause
24. An administrative fee of $ 25 will be charged for a contract being transferred following a move for the same product and service. The cost of the product will be re-evaluated per the parking